IN THE COURT OF SH.____________, LD. SPL JUDGE, NEW DELHI
IN THE MATTER OF:
CBI V/S _________________________
____________/ CBI (DTD. _______)
APPLICATION ON BEHALF OF ACCUSED _______________ FOR PRODUCTION OF CASE DIARIES U/S 172 CrPC
IT IS MOST RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED A UNDER:
- That the applicant/accused is innocent and has been falsely implicated in the case.
- That the applicant/accused is languishing in police custody since _______________.
- That u/s 172 CrPC, the investigative agency (CBI in the present case) is required to maintain a diary, containing the day to day proceedings in the investigation with particulars such as the time, place etc. Also, the diary is required to be in a volume and duly paginated, under sub Section (1-B) of section 172 CrPC.
- That this Hon’ble Court may call for the police diaries of any case under inquiry or trial.
- That it is necessary and would be in the interests of justice, to call for the police dairies in the present case, for perusal of this Hon’ble Court, to assess whether the mandatory provision of section 172 CrPC is being complied with and to ensure that the same is complied with in the present case.
In view of the aforesaid, it is most respectfully prayed that this Hon’ble Court may be pleased to:
a.) direct the C.B.I to place before this Hon’ble Court the police diaries in the aforesaid case
b.) pass any other order as may be deemed fit in the facts of the case.